Also known as Golden Peak for its golden wall facing Hunza-Nagar from the south, Spantik is the most attainable 7000m peak in the Karakoram. Spantik Peak base camp trek is a well known jungle gym for mountain dwellers endeavoring their initial 7,000-meter top in Karakoram.
It is also called golden peak and Ghenish Chhish. We undertake a 12-day difficult round trip in the core of Karakoram, moving toward the base camp of this lovely peak on fourth day of our trek . Not many adventurers visit this piece of Karakoram so we have the chance to encounter the sentimental wild of Karakoram
This breathtaking trekking trip is a wounderful trekking opportunity in an extraordinary scope of mountains. The dramatic approach trek along the Chogolungma Glacier passes through various beautiful mountain surroundings far from the regular trekking routes. Straightforward climbing leads to the mountain’s summit, where clear weather conditions result in tremendous views in all directions.
There are two prominent ridges; South East and North West. South East is a long and demanding snow ridge with few technical difficulty sections and little objective danger.
This route was climbed on July 5, 1955, by a party led by K. Kramer. The North West (Golden Pillar) is a massive combination of ice and rock. The first successful summiteers on this route are British climbers Mick Fowler and Victor Saunders. Spantik is a truly Himalayan scale objective: an ideal next step for those who have previously climbed a 6000m trekking peak or for those preparing for an 8000m expedition.
Trip Name Spantik Base trek
Best Season june to September
|Dates||August, July, June|
Day 01: Islamabad
Rawalpindi/Islamabad: Arrival at Islamabad International airport and tansferred to comfortable centrally located hotel. Reminder of the day is free for you to relax and recovered from long flight to Pakistan. In the after noon, for those who desire there will be a tour of Pakistan’s capital Islamabad and bustling bazaar of Rawalpindi. In the evening we have a welcome dinner where you will have the opportunity to meet your guide and other member of group. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Islamabad to Skardu.
Early morning flight to Skardu (flights are subject to weather), if unable to fly we will depart for Skardu by road with overnight stay at Chilas. Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 03: Skardu
In case of flight has operated we will go for sightseeing tour of Skardu and in case no flight, the day will be used for over land travel from Chilas to Skardu. Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 04: Skardu to Arandu
After breakfast we will embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep trail to Arandu. The last inhabitance on our way to the Chogo lungma Glacier. (Tent)
Day 05: Arandu to Chogo Brangsa
After breakfast trek to Chogo Brangsa. Today we will leave the last inhabited village of Arandu. For the remaining portion of our journey we will rely on our local team who will carry our food and equipment. The first day of trekking is quite short following the grassy valley on the northern side of the Chogo lungma Glacier. (Tent)
Day 06: Chogo Brangsa to Bolocho
4-6 hrs this trail leads at the mouth of Chogo Lungmas Glacier. Once reached at Mani Kuru, you will see shepherd along their live folks, as this place is used as summer settlement and first view of Spantik Peak. O/N stay in camp.
Day 07 Bolucho to Spantik karavan base camp
After breakfast trek to Spantik karavan base camp. Today we will cross Chogo Lungma Glacier.We gently gain height as we approach base camp at the foot of Spantik’s South East Ridge. (Tent)
Day 08: Rest day at base camp.
Rest day at base camp and meeting with Spantik Expedition Members (Tent)
Day 09: to 11: Return to Arandu
Trek back via same route to Arandu. (Tent)
Day 12: Arandu to Skardu
After breakfast embark jeep drive to Skardu. Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 13: Skardu to Chilas
After breakfast and drive to Chilas. Overnight stay in hotel at Chilas.
Day 14: Chilas to Islamabad
Early morning we will depart for Islamabad, vis Babusar pass. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 15: Islamabad to Flight out
- SERVICES INCLUDED
- All Airport pick and drop
- One-way fare between––Skardu – Islamabad.
- Transportation briefing, debriefing, and sightseeing.
- Transportation between Islamabad – chilas – Skardu -Askoli–Hushe- Fairy meadow.
- Three nights’ Accommodation, the twin bedroom in Islamabad (bed & breakfast)
- One night in Chilas Hotel with full board.Two nights in Fairy meadow with the entire board.
- Two nights in fairy meadow hut with full board.
- Two nights in Tarnishing with full board.
- Three nights in Skardu with full board.
- Local staff Wages, insurance, food, and equipment.
- Low porters to carry trekking foods, member personal to all mentioned places.
- Way up 25kg each trekking members.
- Way down 25kg each trekking members.
- All trekking and base camp foods.
- Comfortable members tent, Mess tent, Kitchen tent, toilet tent, table, chairs & kitchen utensils.
- Assistance for Reconfirmation of international flight tickets.
- All Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing fees.
- Low Porters types of equipment.
- Documentation fee
- Trekking permit fee
- SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Member international flight tickets
- Helicopter emergency rescue fees (refundable after deduction of U$D 500/- if not use, it is now US$15000/-
- Members any climbing gears
- Member personal insurance
- Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges, liquor or soft drinks,
- Room service, gratuities for personal services, items of a purely personal nature
- Custom clearing charges (import and export of types of equipment)
- Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp), then members will be payable according to the numbers of days basses.
- Trekking members will come together. If any/some member split during the period, then their extra expenses will be charged according to the average price