This is one of the famous treks in Baltistan (Skardu) and is recommended as an excellent way to get fit and acclimatized before heading for Masherbrum base camp. This trek will offer a series of magnificent views during this trekking tour.
Hushe valley is situated in the south of the great-glaciated region of Baltoro.
The area offers various opportunities to trek to the base camps and climbing to the trekking peaks. Some of the fascinating excursions we have combined in one program to give full spectrum. Walking for a day or two will take you to the bases of the higher mountains, from where you will be offered to make walking excursions or taste light climbing in the vicinity to the higher altitudes.
Masherbrum base camp is the first section of this program. Masherbrum (7821m) is the 28th highest peak is standing in the backdrop of the last outpost Hushe. In the second portion, the Charakusa Valley offers stunning views of Chogolisa, K-6, and K-7peaks. In this trek, we also go to the Ghandogoro valley to climb Ghandogoro peak 5850m, have breathtaking views of Great’s mountains of central Karakoram, including K-2, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum Group. After about five hours, we reach the crest of the pass. Our efforts are rewarded with one of the most fantastic views in the Karakorum and many other mountains. Besides, one can experience climbing of below 6500m peaks without any bonding royalty fee.
A relatively easy trek leads straight towards the foot of mighty Masherbrum (7821m) with excellent views. This short trek into Karakoram’s heart is recommended by itself or as acclimatization before tackling higher destinations in the Gondogoro Valley. The only glacier walking is a specific 30-minute section before base camp. An alternative route (see Alternative Days 4-6), which is in a restricted zone, is useful when continuing up the Gondogoro Valley or on to K7 Base Camp.
Trip Name Mashabrum Base camp trek
Location Hushey Baltistan
Ideal Time June-September
Duration 12 days
Zone Type Permitted
Day 01: Arrival Islamabad
On arrival, meet and assist at the airport and then transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in the hotel in Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad
After breakfast, we will proceed to the Ministry of Tourism for a briefing. In, afternoon we will go for a sightseeing tour of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Overnight stay in the hotel in Islamabad.
Day 03: Islamabad – Skardu (By Air)
Early morning flight to Skardu (flights are subject to weather); if unable to fly, we will depart for Skardu by road with an overnight stay at Chilas. Overnight stay in the hotel at Skardu.
In case of flight has operated, we will go for a sightseeing tour of Skardu, and in case of no flight, the day will be used for overland travel from Chilas to Skardu (total drive is 22 – 24 hrs from Islamabad to Skardu). Overnight stay in the hotel at Skardu.
Day 05: Skardu – Hushe
This is a jeep drive to Hushe.
Day 06: Hushe – Parbisan
This is a scenic, flat, and easy hike.
Trek: 2-3 hours, altitude 3450m, climb 450m (Tent)
Day 07: Partisan – BrumBrammah
We will start today through dense tamarisk jungle.
Trek: 3-4 hours, altitude 4000m, climb 550m (Tent)
Day 08: BrumBrammah – Mesaherbrum Base Camp
Today a full goat dinner is expected for the whole team at a campsite.
Trek: 3-4 hours, altitude 4200m, climb 200m (Tent)
Day 09: Masherbrum Base Camp
Free day at camp (Tent)
Day 10: Hushe – Skardu
After breakfast, we will embark jeeps for a full day ride on Skardu’s winding jeep road. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel and check-in. Overnight stay in the hotel at Skardu.
Day 11: Skardu – Chilas
Early morning drive to Chilas, Upon arrival, transfer to hotel and check-in. Overnight stay in the hotel at Chilas.
Day 12: Chilas – Islamabad/ Rawalpindi
Early morning we will depart for Islamabad, en-route see rock drawings at Shatial. Overnight stay in the hotel in Islamabad.
Day 13: Islamabad – Rawalpindi
We will proceed for debriefing at the Ministry of Tourism in Islamabad. Afternoon city tour of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
Day 14:Islamabad – Flight out.
Transfer to the airport for flight back home—end of services.
- SERVICES INCLUDED
- All Airport pick and drop
- One-way fare between––Skardu – Islamabad.
- Transportation briefing, debriefing, and sightseeing.
- Transportation between Islamabad – chilas – Skardu -Askoli–Hushe- Fairy meadow.
- Three nights’ Accommodation, the twin bedroom in Islamabad (bed & breakfast)
- One night in Chilas Hotel with full board.Two nights in Fairy meadow with the entire board.
- Two nights in fairy meadow hut with full board.
- Two nights in Tarnishing with full board.
- Three nights in Skardu with full board.
- Local staff Wages, insurance, food, and equipment.
- Low porters to carry trekking foods, member personal to all mentioned places.
- Way up 25kg each trekking members.
- Way down 25kg each trekking members.
- All trekking and base camp foods.
- Comfortable members tent, Mess tent, Kitchen tent, toilet tent, table, chairs & kitchen utensils.
- Assistance for Reconfirmation of international flight tickets.
- All Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing fees.
- Low Porters types of equipment.
- Documentation fee
- Trekking permit fee
- SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Member international flight tickets
- Helicopter emergency rescue fees (refundable after deduction of U$D 500/- if not use, it is now US$15000/-
- Members any climbing gears
- Member personal insurance
- Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges, liquor or soft drinks,
- Room service, gratuities for personal services, items of a purely personal nature
- Custom clearing charges (import and export of types of equipment)
- Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp), then members will be payable according to the numbers of days basses.
- Trekking members will come together. If any/some member split during the period, then their extra expenses will be charged according to the average price